Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Portraits

So, I'm really not a big fan of taking portraits...especially self portraits. It's so difficult to capture someone completely in a single image. However, on rare occasions, they just work out so perfectly. Luckily, I have two really great models in my life: my best friend, Anna; and my boyfriend, Noah. Unlike me, they are very comfortable in front of a camera (I'm more comfortable behind it). And it doesn't hurt that they look good on film...or a memory card.


This first photograph is actually a self portrait that I did a few weeks ago. It was a rainy day and I was bored.


"Portrait of a Pineapple" was another shot from Hawaii. We'd gone to a farmer's market at the International Market Place and purchased a pineapple. Somehow, a whole photo shoot erupted when we returned to the hotel. Not only was the fruit photogenic, it was delicious!


This last photograph was taken years ago when I was living in Santa Cruz with my best friend. It was taken with an Olympus OM2-n. Anna is just a natural in front of the camera. She is also an amazing self-portraitist. If you have time, you should check out her Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/trickybusiness.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment