Saturday, April 17, 2010

Banner Photographs


Thought I would share the actual photographs that are in the banner above. These were all taken at roughly the same location on the same day. Yet they all turned out so differently. The first one, the sunflower. I love the way this turned out. This was one of those lucky shots. I had to lean around really far with my camera arm stretched out and hope for the best. Couldn't even see the lcd screen to find out if the composition was what I wanted. Then, upon reviewing the picture, I was amazed! It was perfect.


The next is of a piece of wheat in the foreground with a mountain in the background. I love the detail on the grasses.


And the last is a simple silhouette as the sun started going down. Surprisingly enough, this was one of the first shots I took that day though it looks like one of the last. Don't you love light? I'm not quite sure what it is that I like about this picture, I just know that when I look at it, it makes me happy.

What I love about these pictures is what actually really annoys me about my camera. That's the fact that I don't have manual focus and a choice of only two apertures when in manual mode. Yet somehow, in these pictures, I got the focus and depth of field exactly where I wanted. Further proof that you don't necessarily need the best camera to take amazing shots.

As always, I hope you enjoyed looking through my lens.

3 comments:

  1. That sunflower shot makes me feel like I'm in Tuscany - always a good thing! And the sunset shot - the backlit clouds are amazing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to comment earlier about the banner -- I love how the three photos are different widths. The design really works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome...thank you!

    ReplyDelete