Saturday, September 18, 2010

I am sad face

My computer went bthplththtlpt last night. It's going to the shop to be repaired right now, but it means no photographs for today. I pulled out my step-mom's old Sony Vaio laptop that is well, I'm not sure how old, but old...for a computer. And while both my computer (which is just over a year) and Noah's computer (which is maybe 2-3 years old) are being stupid and having issues right now, this one works. The only problem is that all of my photographs are one the other one. If nothing else, this is going to make me back-up all my information. Have been in panic mode worrying over the possibility of losing over a year's worth of photographs. Ok, gonna go freak out in private now. Wish our computers luck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I cannot stress this enough, BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE! Your cousin Bert had a major computer malfunction six months or so ago, and lost 3 or 4 years worth of photos. He doesn't use the camera everyday like you do, but most weekends they go somewhere to take wildlife photos, so he had quite a collection.

    I have laways backed all my pictures up on an external hard drive, and after a neighbor's experience I also put them all on DVDs, the house across the street from us was hit by lightening, and it really fryed their computer, and all the periferals (sp?), like an external hard drive. So you can't be too careful. On the upside, my computer died a few weeks back, power thingie died, and the estimate to fix was 3 weeks and $200. They had it back in a week for $150, and all the files were still there. Sometimes you just get lucky, good luck with yours.

    Love, Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll keep our fingers crossed! Good advice from Aunt Becky.

    ReplyDelete