Friday, July 16, 2010

be careful what you wish for



Today was definitely a case of that. On the plus side, I get to go back to my old job in a week...that's what I wished for. However, my manager, Tony, who I love(!), is going to be the new store manager for Paso. And the new store manager for SLO? John, our district manager who I hate. This was definitely a challenge for me when it came to not smoking...a challenge that I tackled! I didn't smoke...I did freak out for a bit and am enjoying a strong drink now. But hey, gotta deal somehow. Anyway, enjoy the pictures...I'll try to get out and take some new exciting ones tomorrow since I have the day off.


3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! If he's the district manager, they'll bring in a new store manager eventually, right?

    And good for you! I'm so, so proud of you for sticking this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poop on Michael's! Maybe I'll shop at Beverley's this weekend. but Bron's right, they won't leave John there forever. At least you get to go back to SLO and won't have to be driving so much. I'm so proud of you for not reaching for a smoke under this much pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, he will be around forever. He's decided to step down as district manager so he can spend more time with his family. I've heard he's a completely different person as a store manager than as a district manager, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete