Monday, May 10, 2010

Weird weather

So, we had a little bit of everything today weather-wise. I woke up and it was sunny. When I got off work, it was super windy (always fun driving in crazy wind). Once I'd been home for a couple hours, it started raining. Then the sun came back out. I just don't understand the weather. The highlight of my day came though the moment it started raining. Let me explain:

For the past few months, the building next to my apartment has been under construction. It's been vacant the entire time we've lived here and now they're turning it into an office. So, every morning at 7am, we've been woken up by jackhammers, air compressors, nail guns, and all sorts of other unpleasant noises. They've been on the roof putting in air conditioners (which means at eye level with out kitchen window), knocking out walls, drilling holes, and just being completely inconsiderate of the fact that there are people actually living next door. Today, they were painting the outside of the building. That is, they were painting until the moment it began to rain...and I began to giggle. Cruel of me, I know...but I couldn't help it. It was a small sweet victory for me. And now the painted wall is all streaky and they'll have to do it over. It shouldn't bring me such joy, but we have to find joy in the little things, right?

Ok, onto the photographs. These are a couple more shots that I took in Anna's back yard. She has a gorgeous back yard. So picturesque.






Hope you enjoyed and stayed dry today.

1 comment: