Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mish Mash

I went to an Antique Street Fair with my moms today and took a ton of pictures. It was our Mother's Day activity. Yes, I realize that Mother's Day isn't for another week, but I'm working on the 9th and it's their anniversary, so today just worked out better. I somehow managed to get through the whole fair without buying anything, but got some great shots. This is the first set. Gave it the title of "Mish Mash" because that's what it is. These are close-up shots of stuff mish-mashed together.


This first one is of a bunch of crystal-like glasses that were in a bowl. I really liked the way they played with the light. And since they're all clear glass, you can't really even tell where one begins and the other ends.


Next is silverware...and probably since it was an "antique" fair, real silver silverware. I really like the chaos in this photograph. Usually when you think of silverware, it's all lined up and tidy. Not here. There are so many lines here going in so many different directions.


Button, button, who's got the button? C'mon, buttons are fun. You can admit it, I won't tell anyone. How many of us have had a button collection at some point in our lives? I am probably one of the least domestic people you will ever meet. Not sure if I could actually sew on a button correctly if I wanted to (although, why I would want to go around sewing buttons on things is beyond me--I'm that non-domestic), but even I have had a button collection or two in my time.


This is another light-playing extravaganza. Can you guess what these are? Cookie cutters! Love it!

So, I'll probably be posting a bunch of pictures in the next week from the Antique fair, cuz I got a lot of cool ones. I'll try to keep them in groups that make sense. Hope you enjoyed the Mish Mash group.

No comments:

Post a Comment