Saturday, January 28, 2012

Please excuse the absence

So, I had this wonderful plan for yesterday. I was going ride my bike over to Avila Beach with Noah and take lots of pictures. When we were almost there though, a dog (who was not on a leash as he should have been) ran right into the front of my bike (which was going fairly fast at the time). I decided I would try to fly over the handlebars and land on my face, hands and knees. The flying didn't work out so great. The landing definitely happened. So, instead of spending the day at the beach, I spent my day at MedStop having my face literally glued back together (better than stitches!) and picking up Vicodin. So much for picture taking. Noah did take some pictures of my face, but I won't gross you out with that nastiness (it seems to be getting nastier with every passing hour). Luckily all my camera equipment survived and is in working order, the dog is perfectly fine and I was wearing sunglasses so my prescription glasses aren't smashed in the least.

So, sorry about the lack of pictures the past couple days. I'll get back on it soon enough...promise!

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!!

    I'm glad you're okay, if now held together by glue! Take it easy and feel better, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronwyn- This was the reason I didn't answer your call on Friday. I was busy getting tetanus shots and bandages and Noah had my phone in the waiting room. I'll give you a call in the next few days once I'm not all Vicodin-y.

    ReplyDelete