Thursday, December 22, 2011

the 22nd day of December


Every year growing up, on the 22nd day of December we would listen to The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens on our car ride to school. Once I moved off to college, this tradition died out for me, but my mom still follows it religiously. So, today, you get a picture of her Christmas card to me. It's one that she made herself (if you didn't know, she's an amazing mixed-media artist). She took Christmas cards dating from 1906-1912 that were sent to her grandparents when they were homesteading in Texas and created a wonderful collage called A Jolly Old Elf. This was then turned into her Christmas card. If you want to see more of her awesome art, check out her blog here: Altered by the Sea.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a technology time line - "Pickwick's Christmas" started out as a 33rpm album that I copied onto a cassette tape (which is the one we listened to all those years in the car) and just this year I used a tape coverter to make an mp3 file out of it on my computer - I wonder what Dickens would think?

    ReplyDelete